Thursday, February 22, 2007

From the murky waters of the human soul comes…BBQ!

The following battles are waged daily in my brain:

Why do people spend so much money and effort on a ceremony that is but one day in the journey of a relationship? VS. It’s important to nurture communal support and participation in the journey of love.

Wouldn’t it be cheaper for everyone involved if we spent money on lots of mini-vacations to see all of our beloved friends and families? VS. They don’t have to come if they don’t want to, and it’s the only time we have a legitimate reason for a huge party.

What if no one comes and I then feel alone and desperate (and decide to shave my head!( like Britney))? VS. At least my moms and pops will come and that’s something.

I’m super busy and haven’t done any planning. VS. Natan will plan it all!

The winning (or losing) of that last battle by Natan is pretty much what sealed the deal for me. Even though my waffling heart will probably always go on, I’m happy to say that dear Natan has made some progress and it is awesome.

You should prepare your taste buds for a delicious French-inspired dining experience on Saturday night (June 9th) at Sweet Laurette and Cyndee’s Café in Port Townsend. It’s probably my favorite place in Port Townsend because they make a mean juevos rancheros, but mainly because it’s really cute with lovely outside seating and flowery curtains. We’ll be kicking it buffet style, probably with lots of cheese.

The more exciting news in that Natan has lined up some BBQ for the wedding. I hope you love meat as much as I don’t, because there’s a huge selection of various BBQ pork, chicken, beef and fish products to throw down the ole gullet. There are also the usual BBQ suspects like cornbread, slaw, beans and Corn (OTC). I’m going to request a few veggie burgers, but only if they won’t contaminate the meat.

No comments: