Friday, April 13, 2007

Invitations!

I suppose sending out the invitations is the most irreversible part of planning a wedding. It essentially means that we can’t turn back (at least not until June 11), especially when plane tickets are involved. I got some very pretty and garden-esque stationary a few months ago. Since I’m pretty low budget, I planned to print all invitations at home on the mighty laser jet printer bestowed upon me by my parents. I looked at a lot of DIY wedding invitations and I didn’t like them because they essentially consisted of a very loud or very bland design that was to be the cardstock background for some color of thin paper on which the invitation was to be printed. At first I was taken with the bold (not bland) ness of the designs, but then I decided I wanted something a bit more theme-appropriate and nice. This, of course, meant buying cards made in France with just the right mix of delicateness, whimsy, and thickness. Unfortunately I learned this week that French niceties do not go well with powerful American printers and I had to take the invitations to a printing shop. It wasn’t that expensive, but it did strengthen my argument for the necessity of a Japanese home printing (gocco) machine.

We picked out two different card designs (I favored one, while Natan favored the other. Can you guess which one goes with each of us?)

Frogs!


Snails!






No comments: